Location: Sealy, TX (West of Houston)
- 17-year-old privately-owned public use airport, three turf runways/hard surface taxiways on 81 acres, ordinance-protected.
- Less than 20 minutes from Katy’s extensive retail sector, less than an hour from Downtown Houston.
- 18 leased hangars, event venue, 43,000 square feet of aviation and residential improvements, fuel depot.
• OVERVIEW: RARE OPPORTUNITY to own an amenity-rich, 17-year-old airport with significant continued development potential. Inspired by classic British airfields, Gloster Aerodrome (FAA identifier 1XA7) is a beautifully designed and meticulously maintained airport ideally suited for day VFR and general aviation activities in Class G and E Airspace. 1XA7 is privately owned and deeded as a “Public Use Airport,” which restricts its use solely to aviation related business. Since 2019, the airport is also protected by the City of South Frydek, a Class C municipality with ordinances that prohibit all high-density living developments that would interfere with the airport’s aviation rights. The gated airpark includes three turf runways, hard surface taxiways, fuel depot providing 100LL aviation fuel, three-story 2550 SF pavilion event venue, four homes, 18 hangers (fifteen 40’x40′, two 60’x60′, one 60’x120’ [all leased]), with significant potential for continuing development, all on 81+ high and dry acres with extensive engineered drainage.
• LOCATION: Less than 20 minutes from Katy’s extensive retail sector, just southeast of central Sealy, Texas. Less than an hour from Downtown Houston.
• ACREAGE: 81+ acres with extensively engineered drainage.
• THREE TURF RUNWAYS, HARD SURFACE TAXIWAYS: Runway 2/20 is 3292’ x 70’ (1003m x 21m). Runway 7/25 is 3220’ x 150’ (981m x 46m). Runway 9/27 is 2152’ x 100’ (656m x 30m). Hangars are accessed by hard surface taxiways.
• TOPOGRAPHY: Flat. At 145 feet above sea level, Gloster Aerodrome has not flooded. It sits atop some of the highest land of the lower Brazos Valley, yet also has had extensive engineered drainage, with two detention ponds and miles of swales and ditches.
• RESIDENTIAL IMPROVEMENTS: Gloster Village, consisting of four homes. An RV park with 14 slots. A 3,789 SF home on 23 beautiful acres is available for sale at $1.2MM upon sale of the airport.
• AVIATION IMPROVEMENTS: 18 hangars: fifteen 40’x40’, two 60’x60’, one 60’x120’ plus storage building, all separately metered for electricity, and all presently rented with a waiting list. All hangars are accessed by hard surface taxiways. A fuel depot that provides 100LL fuel is accessed by a large concrete apron—is self-serve and computer coded. A 2550 SF three-story community center/event venue with observation decks, wet bar, chairs, tables, three restrooms, and large stabilized parking area.
• TOTAL IMPROVEMENTS: Total of 43,000-plus square feet of aviation and residential improvements.
• DESIGN: This airport was designed to resemble an old WWII type British Airfield, so all hangars have curved tops and straight sides. The name is from the old English Aircraft Corporation that developed military aircraft in WWI and WWII.
• INVESTMENT POTENTIAL: The 18 Gloster hangars are consistently leased. The continued shortage of hangars in an every-growing West Houston affords continuing significant development potential with up to several hundred nested T-hangars, or a combination of different hangar types.
• VARIOUS: The adjacent 21-lot Glostershire Aviation Subdivision’s residents have through-the-fence aircraft access to the airport. This subdivision’s HOA oversees maintenance of the almost mile-long Meteor Rd. The flight school and Chinook manufacturer are not part of the airport sale. All buildings are on well and septic.
• WEBSITE: Gloster Aerodrome website: glosteraerodrome.com/index.html
Schedule an Appointment to Discuss These and Other Properties
This property is listed with The Montebello Team at Realty Associates 713.843.7711.